Descendants of Nathan LAMB and Lucy PEPPER
1. Nathan LAMB - Born 1 July 1764 in Framingham, MA. Died 1809 in Guilford, VT. Buried in Weatherhead Hollow Cemetery. Married Lucy PEPPER 29 January 1784 in Weston, MA. Daughter of Benjamin PEPPER and Abigail PRATT of Framingham, MA, she was baptized 22 February 1767, and died 1854.
i. Mason LAMB  - Born 3 February 1799 in Guilford, VT.
ii. Unknown LAMB
iii. Unknown LAMB
iv. Unknown LAMB
v. Amherst LAMB - Born 1807.
2. Mason LAMB - Born 3 February 1799 in Guilford, VT. Died 14 January 1846 in Vernon, VT. Buried in Weatherhead Hollow Cemetery, Guilford. Married Alice PIERCE 9 April 1828. Widow of Jessie TYLER, and daughter of Benjamin PIERCE and Lucinda SARGENT of Dummerston, VT. She was born 29 September 1795 in Dummerston, and died 23 January 1873 in Vernon, Windham, VT.
i. Francis Edward LAMB - Born 25 September 1828. Died 30 January 1832.
ii. Joseph Holbrook LAMB  - Born 11 October 1830 in Vernon, VT.
iii. Willard LAMB - Born 1831. Killed in Battle of the Wilderness, Spottsylvania County, VA, May 1864. There is a monument to him in Guilford Center.
iv. Edward D LAMB - Born 2 September 1832. Died 8 October 1832.
v. Mason LAMB - Born 12 October 1833. Died 20 March 1887.
vi. Francis Frederick Whittemore LAMB - Born 6 May 1836. Died 25 September 1837.
vii. Lucy Ann LAMB - Born 25 December 1838. Died 25 December 1897.
viii. Albert Edward LAMB - Born 25 February 1842.
3. Joseph Holbrook LAMB [Picture] - Born 11 October 1830 in Vernon, VT. Died 5 February 1918 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA, and buried in Green River Cemetery. Married Mary Alvord POTTER 6 July 1854 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA. She was born 25 December 1836 in Greenfield, and died 8 March 1911 in Greenfield. She was daughter of George W POTTER and Betsey GUILLOW. He ran a restaurant and a music store. In 1857 he was described as a "Plane Maker". They gave a stained glass window to the Greenfield Methodist Church. They lived on Federal Street in Greenfield, at the 1991 site of Wendy's Restaurant.
i. George Fremont LAMB - Born 19 March 1856. Married Isa May ROBBINS 2 December 1896.
ii. Joseph Edward LAMB  - Born 8 April 1857 in Greenfield.
iii. Frederick Albert LAMB  - Born 17 August 1860.
iv. Mary Isabel LAMB - Born 14 January 1863. Died 17 April 1930. Married (1) Zera SNOW ; (2) John APPLETON .
v. Nettie Alice LAMB - Born 10 January 1865 in Greenfield. Died 25 January 1955. Married Arah E SNOW 23 May 1883.
vi. Grace Louise LAMB - Born 14 February 1868 in Greenfield. Died 23 February 1954 in Greenfield. Married Clifford BATES 11 October 1900.
vii. Bonner Mason LAMB  - Born 22 March 1875 in Greenfield.
viii. Nettie Alice LAMB
4. Joseph Edward LAMB [Picture] - Born 8 April 1857 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA. Died 28 November 1915 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA, and buried in Green River Cemetery. Married Estella May THOMPSON [Picture] 17 June 1880 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA. She was born 3 April 1857 in Greenfield, and died 24 March 1932. She was daughter of John Webber THOMPSON and Sophia Legg ADAMS of Greenfield. He was a grain merchant in Greenfield in 1880. They lived in the Frary House, Old Deerfield.
i. Joseph Edward LAMB - Born 6 May 1880 in Greenfield. Died 8 May 1880 in Greenfield.
ii. Unnamed LAMB - Born and died 6 May 1881.
iii. Edward Everett LAMB (Ned) [Picture] - Born 17 August 1882 in Greenfield. Died 1968 in Greenfield, and buried in Green River Cemetery. Ned LAMB was a farmer, musician (Alto horn), and photographer. He spent summers in a log cabin on Fort Hill in Deerfield, and sold Indian trinkets from a stand on the family land on US Route 5 in Deerfield, directly opposite Fort Hill. Late in life, he lived with his sister, Edith, and uncle Bert THOMPSON at 34 Prospect Street in Greenfield.
iv. Joseph Holbrook LAMB  - Born 18 July 1884 in Greenfield.
v. Dumont Potter LAMB  - Born 27 September 1886 in Greenfield.
vi. Edith May LAMB [Picture] - Born 9 December 1888 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA. Died 20 March 1957 in Greenfield, and buried in Shutesbury, MA. Married Charles Melbourne MAY [Picture]. She attended Deerfield Academy in 1906, and graduated from North Adams Normal School in North Adams, MA. She taught English in Barcelona, Spain, about 1911, and taught in a one-room school in Pelham, MA. She was secretary to the Headmaster of Deerfield Academy (Dr. Frank Boyden), secretary to the registrar of Spellman College in Atlanta, GA, from 1926-1932, and Assistant Postmaster in Deerfield from 1934-1935. During World War II, she worker for a time in Baltimore in the Social Security Office. In the 1950s, she wore her hair very long, almost touching the floor. She played the zither, and was active in church evangelism. According to Bob May, she was not a good cook.
5. Frederick Albert LAMB - Born 17 August 1860. Died 31 March 1932 in Portland, OR. Married Nellie WAGNER 28 November 1883. He was a tax collector in Orange, MA, and ran a grain business.
i. Frederick Albert LAMB - Born 11 September 1885.
ii. Arthur Cleveland LAMB - Born 1 December 1886.
6. Bonner Mason LAMB - Born 22 March 1875 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA, Died 8 March 1924 in Montague, Franklin, MA. Married (1) Eva BURKE 14 June 1899, divorced; (2) Mary L CARVER . He was a lawyer.
Children of (1):
i. Norman Bonner LAMB - Born 9 September 1901.
ii. Theodore Burke LAMB -Born 2 December 1902.
7. Joseph Holbrook LAMB [Picture} - Born 18 July 1884 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA. Died in Somerville, MA. Married Sylvia WOOD 30 March 1913 in Hampton, NH. He was a master electrician, and worked many years for the Shell Oil Company, installing wiring in new gas stations.
i. Estella May LAMB - Born 1 January 1915. She was alive in the early 1960s.
8. Dumont Potter LAMB [Picture] - Born 27 September 1886 in Greenfield, Franklin, MA. Died 24 September 1957 in Portland, OR. Married Helen DUNHAM 27 September 1913. He was a civil engineer, working on railroad projects.
i. Helen Candace LAMB - Born September 1915.
ii. Dumont Potter LAMB  - Born in 1916.
iii. Peter LAMB  - Born in 1919.
iv. George LAMB
9. Dumont Potter LAMB - Born 13 January 1916. Married (1) Janet JORDON in 1940; (2) Norma FAUST in 1952.
Children of (1):
i. Steven LAMB - Born 1942 in Portland, OR.
Children of (2):
ii. Timothy Allen LAMB - Born 16 January 1954 in Portland, OR.
iii. Kimberly Jean LAMB - Born March 1956 in Portland, OR.
10. Peter LAMB - Born 6 May 1920 in Portland, OR. Married Virginia WETZELL 4 February 1944 in Salt Lake City, UT.
i. Gary Wetzell LAMB - Born May 1947 in Salt Lake City, UT
ii. John Wetzell LAMB - Born September 1949 in Salt Lake City, UT.
iii. Scott Wetzell LAMB - Born April 1952 in Salt Lake City, UT.
iv. William Wetzell LAMB - Born March 1955 in Salt Lake City, UT.
For references, additional details, or GEDCOM data from this file, E-mail
me at ChuckMay@may-engineering.com
Return to Genealogy Page